Thursday, June 14, 2012

My thoughts on Education, Technology, and Literacy

Before this class I never really thought about the role technology plays in education.  I was aware that technology is present in today's schools but within my content area of physical education, I have not had much experience with technology.  I am now more aware of the role technology plays in education and I am more appreciative of technology.  I think technology can enhance the educational experience for the student and the teacher, if used properly.  People like to vilify technology and only focus on the negative effects in may have but I do think it has positive applications.  Technology can make learning more interactive and can promote literacy.  The example I gave in my Digital Story was the student in a physical education class wearing a heart rate monitor during the class and being able to understand what the numbers mean.  There is no point in wearing the heart rate monitor if you do not understand what the numbers mean.  This form of literacy is important because it promotes a healthy lifestyle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment